Sunday, September 23, 2007

And We Kept On Living

There is so much to be DOING, god
it took me an hour and a half
to read ONE ARTICLE
im going to have to learn to read faster or else
how to stop time, or else
college is going to come after me with its paws
and destroy me.

Last night was really nice, though -
Read poetry with Cara at Cafe Mocha for like 2 hours,
and then Tosh's house with the children (my friends).
His momma's gone to California
(and then the Caribbean for GOOD)
so we all drank chardonnay in the backyard
and me with my guitar
and miles on the harmonica,
and tosh on the beat box,
making songs out of the air.
Very nice. I was singing. You wish you heard my words

James Brown is on NPR. he is excellent.

WHERE AM I GOING TO GO TO COLLEGE GODDAMNIT?!!

2 comments:

Len said...

that harmonica. tell Miles... christ, I don't know what to tell miles. Tell him i'm quite glad he plays the harmonica and that there's danger everywhere. ...yeah, that oughta do it.

root said...

haha well phrased.