Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Poem About Cell Phones?

(Brainstorming the things
you could be doing instead
of answering my phone calls)

1. Killing someone
2. Painting someone
3. Making a sandwich
4. Lost somewhere

It is no longer
the lattice edged ring,
not the ear against heavy black plastic -
Bogart's ear, and his cigarette teeth,
and his eyes pointed down suspiciously.


It is not even
the same grip, anymore.
There's really not much
to hold onto
at all.

There is no pleasure of waiting
by the telephone, no "expected" call,
no magic in the science
of wires, only

Why aren't you answering your phone?

I'm calling you because I'm on the bus
and my phone is in my hand and I have nothing
to say.

3 comments:

Funnel said...

I just got a new cell phone.

it is a razr.

i am lame.


(the came with the plan though, so heh.)

i like this one.

and i like bogart.

root said...

who doesnt like bogart.

razrs are lame.

Len said...

This is sad. I'm sure of this, but don't know why.